Nevada Medical MArijuana Cards
Out of State Patients Welcome!
Nevada is a reciprocal state and honors the laws of other medical marijuana states. This enables potential patients with out of state IDs and Nevada residents with a passport or military ID to get a California recommendation letter and purchase medical marijuana in the same day.
Recommendation letters are issued in less than an hour during business hours and upon approval, you'll get a digital copy of your recommendation letter so you can visit a dispensary almost immediately. Hard copies with our official seal will be mailed out within 7 business days of approval.
Nevada state residents with a Nevada driver's license as their sole form of ID must apply for a Nevada state medical marijuana card. While the Doctor visit can be performed after filling out a state application, this process can take up to 6 weeks when applying to the state.
Do I Qualify for medical marijuana in Nevada?
Patients in Nevada diagnosed with one of the following severe, debilitating, or life-threatening medical conditions, are afforded legal protection under the Nevada Medical Marijuana law, as per Ballot Question 9:
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Any medical condition or treatment to a medical condition that produces:
- Persistent muscle spasms or seizures
- Severe nausea or chronic pain
- Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression (California Recommendation Letter Patients Only)
- Patients must be a Nevada Resident with a valid Nevada I.D. as proof of residency. If you do not have a Nevada I.D. an out of state I.D., passport, or other photo I.D. with proof of residency such as bank statement, utility bill, etc. is acceptable.
- The qualifying patient must have been diagnosed by a physician as having a debilitating medical condition.
- Once a patient has obtained a written certification from a physician licensed in the state of Nevada, patients are required to submit an application to the Nevada State Health Division, with a written request and application fee, to the Nevada Medical Marijuana Program.
- The Nevada DMV will issue the medical marijuana cards.
- * Please note: if you hold a Commercial Drives License, you are NOT eligible for a medical marijuana card.